Sunday 30 November 2008

"Then the clouds opened up and God said, 'I hate you Alfalfa'"

When it rains, it pours.  In the past days, LQ and I have managed to get a head cold.  Our heads have been stuffed to the gills with mucus and we have had aches and pains.

The Petersen schedule has been quite full with Thanksgiving, a three day reunion and then Anaheim, Disneyland.  So our head colds have kind've taken a back seat to our schedule.

Unfortunately today, my body gave up and welcomed all sorts of ailments to the party.  The party headed south and I ended up curled up trying to abate the cramping on our oversized (and probably a little less washed than it should be) hotel bedspread.  It was all too much for this little girl to handle, so I did what all good women do when life gets overwhelming.  I cried.  I sobbed.  Then my darling husband and daughter came to comfort me on the bed.

Dal gave me a kiss and a cuddle and LQ jumped on my tummy and started riding me like a horse.  She did it so well, it was all I could do but laugh.  What a good cheering up.


LQ riding the "mummy horse"


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, bless your heart. I HATE being sick on vacation. It's just not fair. I hope you guys are still enjoying Disneyland and the Jones'. I wish we could be there with you guys. My all time favorite Disneyland trip EVER was with Dal & Brandon. :)

Feel better!!

Hel said...

Somehow I just don't think it will be the same with "little brandon" and "little dal" with us! We get to see the Jones' tomorrow. Next time will coordinate it with all three families..... do you think that would EVER work??!!

Thanks for the sympathy. Sympathy always helps!

Melanie said...

Oh, you never know. . . if you guys are back in the states at some point, I'm SURE we could make it work!

Heather van den Berg said...

Helen, What does LQ stand for? I only read occasionally because of lack of time but missed the transition from Isabel to LQ. ta, love aunty heather