Thursday 26 June 2008

On a sunny winter's day

Tuesday was spent cleaning up the house and fixing it to be nice for when our friends the Kuhns came to visit (Tuesday evening). I don't know if I've told you, but I can't get enough of our backyard. I absolutely adore the fact that we have one and we don't have to share it with anyone else. It may be small, one of the fences may be falling down and the little garden shed may be on its last legs, but it's mine (kind of) and I will love it forever.

Because of my undying love for our backyard, I have taken the job of mowing the lawn upon myself - the fact that Dallas would prefer to pluck out his chest hairs one by one than mow the lawn has nothing to do with it. As previously mentioned, we have been doing a bit of creative budgeting and as a result ended up buying a non-motorised mower (one of those push mowers). All I can say is - Thank goodness we only have a small yard!!!!

While I was mowing on Tuesday, Dallas took some fairly loathsome photos of me. He said it was to document our humble beginnings - so when we are sitting back in our deck chairs by the pool while we watch our gardener tend to our vast garden, we can reminisce on old times. I say he only took the photos as a form of torture - but in the interest of record keeping, I am letting you have a look at some of them.


No comments: