Saturday 4 October 2008

A Clean Car

Picture this,

After a day of working in one of the wealthier suburbs of Sydney - I had a thought that it would be nice to finally get the car washed and cleaned (inside and out). I drive it to the nearest car wash.

I handed the nice man the keys and headed into the cafe to wait for all those great guys to finish with my silver Mitsubishi Lancer. I buy a bottle of water (it was 37 degrees outside) and sit myself at the table. After watching the proceedings for a few moments, I realise that being in a wealthy neighbourhood also means wealthy cars.

As each car is finished with, one of the boys walks in and yells out the colour and make. "Silver Mercedes!", "Black BMW!", "Red Porsche!",...... "Silver Lancer!"

I quickly walk myself to my reliable 1998 beat up - yet now clean - Lancer, hoping there weren't too many high powered executives around to notice my disheveled look. Maybe me and my Lancer helped them remember those days when they were studying and had just as much money as we do now.

P.S. This is a photo of a Lancer that looks a little bit like mine. A few things differ, but it is basically the same.

No comments: