Friday 19 September 2008

A Shopping Cart

Today LQ and I went to Elly-boo's place to play while her mum and dad went to a meeting. Elly-boo's mum said that Elly-boo had been excited all week for us to come and play, so excited in fact that she had trouble going to sleep today.

Elly-boo was napping when we arrived, but after LQ protested extremely loudly about a minor incident, Elly-boo woke up. She and LQ played alongside each other for a while, but it wasn't long before Elly-boo insisted we go to the park. It has been such a lovely day, I decided to acquiesce.

The tricky part was getting our pram out of the car which was parked on the side of the street. I needed at LEAST four hands to hold the girls while I pulled the pram from the boot of the car. This I don't have (yet). I am sure, one day through evolution, mothers will be blessed with retractable arms to use when needed.... I digress (again). So I improvised with a nearby shopping cart.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ... why didn't you just take them to the park in the trolley?

Hel said...

Hehe... those wheels just don't go well on footpaths for that long! But the real reason is, my ego couldn't take me looking so much like a bogan!