Friday 11 July 2008

On death's door

I really feel like I need some sympathy from my friends, so I'm going to tell you how sick we've all been.

Isabel has been sick since we got back from Hobart and Mesa and has been a little princess.  She got a bad case of diarrhea - we went to the doctor who told us there was nothing wrong with her and to wait it out.  Unfortunately while waiting it out, Isabel got a wicked nappy rash that progressed into a wicked nappy rash with abrasions.  The poor little girl screamed bloody murder whenever we changed her nappy (she still feels quite uncomfortable) and because we had to change her nappy often it was not a happy time.  Then on Wednesday I started to get a sore throat.  That turned into a full blown flu virus that has had me feeling like death warmed up.  My whole body was aching all day Thursday and most of Friday.  Unfortunately, Dallas had to work on Thursday and had to go to Uni on Friday, so my two worst days were spent dragging myself around the house trying my best to look after Isabel.  It's a good thing she's such a great sport and is really good at playing by herself.

Poor Dal has been sick, too and has managed to drag himself to work and school.  He is back at work again today.  I had a baby shower organised to be held at my house today, but I reluctantly canceled so everyone else didn't catch this horrible disease.

So, all in all, it's been a REALLY miserable week and I've decided NEVER to be sick again.  Not until all my children move out of the house anyway.  There's nothing worse than being a sick mum!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ahh, I feel for you - we've all been sick too. I hope you're starting to feel a bit better. It really does suck, especially looking after others when you feel unwell yourself.