Sunday 20 July 2008

Happy Birthday Dallas


Today is Dallas' birthday. Dallas decided at the end of last week that we would celebrate him all week long this week and has dubbed it "Dallas Week". To start it off, I gave him one of his birthday presents last night. He couldn't stop giggling. I got the idea when we watched the movie "Knocked Up". One of the main characters was wearing a shirt with a picture of himself on it - we both thought it was fantastic.

Thus begins a week of Dallas. I'm sure he'll especially enjoy his birthday (today) and the surprises that are in store. Unfortunately Dallas is working today, tomorrow and Wednesday, so we'll have to wait until Thursday to spend a day with him.

10 reasons why I Love Dallas (out of MANY)
10. He takes Isabel when I can't handle it any longer
9. He has an infectious laugh (not dangerous infectious, though)
8. He has a really sexy smile
7. He's a FANTASTIC husband and father ("Hey Isabel - get over it!", "shush your mush, Isabel!"
6. He's really great at gift giving and makes it look effortless
5. He buys me treats when he's out (which means he's constantly thinking of me)
4. He's really GREAT at organising fantastic holidays. He always involves me in his planning even though sometimes I don't appear to be listening
3. He encourages me to take a shower when he comes home from work and I am still in my pyjamas
2. He uses different kinds of humour to suit our moods ie. silly humour at 1am when we have been watching "The Office" for one too many episodes. He makes me laugh a lot!
1. He tells me I'm sexy even when I am a mess (eg. when I resemble a yeti more than a female human)

I never thought I could love someone as much (and as long) as I do Dallas. I'm so glad he has proved me wrong. Happy Birthday Dallas!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am an awful friend. . . once again, I missed Dallas's birthday. Geez. You'd think I'd get it down eventually.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, DALLAS!! That shirt is AMAZING!