Sunday 18 July 2010

Hel in Real Life - A post devoid of emotion (maybe)

What is really going on in my life. Just the cold hard facts - because sometimes I just waffle on on this blog.

In just under two months we are taking the Dal, Hel and Bel show to Mesa, Arizona (United States for anyone who is confused). We still don't have an exact date that we will be flying over because the great agent rates that Dal gets only work if we book the flights less than 30 days out. But we are planning on trying to get flights on the 5th, 6th or 7th of September.

We wont be taking much and that is ok, because for our entire married life, Dal and I have been preparing to move to the states. We have bought crappy furniture that we couldn't possibly become attached to (maybe). We have been ruthless with culling every time we move. So if you are in the Hobart area and feel like rummaging through our stuff and maybe giving a couple of dollars for something you think you may want, watch this space. I'll let you know when we plan to sell it all.

Dal's parents, particularly his mother, have been having lots of fun finding second hand furniture to fill the home we will be renting. I can't tell you how grateful I am to them for saving me from that added stress. Just between you and me, I have a feeling that Dal's mom has relished every moment of filling that house with furniture. I feel like we've done better than when we first got married!!! Thanks Mom (and Dad)!

Dal is currently in Vegas on a whirlwind tour for the agency he works for (DeNae he may have peeked in your window last night to say hello). He has had a couple of nights of debauchery and should be on his way to visit his mom shortly. We packed a couple of suitcases for him to take over. It was sad for me.

I have just finished up 2 1/2 months of part time work (monday to friday, 10am-3pm) as a fill in receptionist. I believe those 2 1/2 months took its toll on our little family. Priorities got pushed to the side and we switched to survival mode. I am now savouring every moment of my stay at home status and working towards getting back our "normal" life and routines.

LQ continues to dance and hasn't said "Ah, BUM!" in over a week. She will continue to go to family daycare once a week - on Friday's because that is when her best friend goes. Her best friend is a little boy just a bit younger than her and I have it on good authority that if you could bottle their constant giggles we could cure all sorts of terminal illnesses.

I made brownies today. The recipe called for FIVE eggs. That means they are the best brownies I have tasted in LONG time.

THE END. (Any Questions?)

6 comments:

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

I hope we'll get to meet in person when we are only one state apart.

Unknown said...

Yay for you being here! We're thinking of doing some kind of bloggers' meet n greet here in Vegas in early October, although there is this bloggers' conference in St. George, UT that might be a fun one to go to instead! So hooray! You can play with us now!!

Maleny Mumma said...

I really do miss you xoxo

Cajoh said...

Mmm Waffles and Brownies sounds delicious.

Hope that your trip is enjoyable and the jet-lag doesn't get to any of you.

Stephanie said...

Yay, the states!! That's all. :)

Mattias, Karissa & Enzo said...

I hope the move goes well...wish you all the best! You know the same has applied to Mattias and I...since the day we married we have always planned to move back to the states. So, like you and Dallas we never spent much on furnitur or the likings and just lived "temporarily" with our sights on the states. Hope your move goes better than ours did but we haven't given up hope on ourselves. We will venture there again when I am done with nursing school. HUGS!