Saturday 9 January 2010

Christmas Leftovers

There are a few things that I have done recently that don't seem to warrant just one post, but I wanted to show you anyway.

During the lead up to Christmas I was making gifts for not only LQ but for a friend's little boy. I am currently finishing the rest of the quiet pages, but here's the product that was presented on Christmas day.

DSC_0038

DSC_0039

DSC_0043

DSC_0044

DSC_0046
LQ couldn't help herself with that last one!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then there was my brilliant idea for putting away Christmas decorations (I am sure everyone else thought of it before me, but I was very excited to think of it myself)

DSC_0004
It's an egg carton

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last thing to mention is my disease. I am becoming obsessed with recovering chairs. I have to be physically restrained when I go to a second hand store. I was browsing one such store yesterday and it took ALL my energy to talk myself out of buying a chair and ottoman for $20. Tell me I'm normal.

This chair I bought for $15. I thought it would be a piece of cake to recover and then I discovered the stripped screws.

DSC_0002

DSC_0006

DSC_0017

DSC_0016

DSC_0015

And there you have it. Some of what has been happening around here. More on the rest of my life tomorrow.

4 comments:

DeNae said...

I am not kidding when I say you need to start SELLING those quiet books right here on the internet. It was beautiful, and truly, truly professional looking.

And I certainly hadn't thought of putting away ornaments like that! Genius!

Finally, what an eye you have for this furniture thing! That's another 'cottage' business you could do for other people. Seriously, Helen, you are remarkably talented.

Stephanie said...

You're a genius, Hel! I was SO proud of myself when I made quiet books once with my mom's help. And now you went and put mine to sorrowful shame. :)

Evelynne Hatchard said...

YAY!! Jetty still loooooves his "red bag".. thanks heaps again.. LOVE the chair too..nice work.

Bron Williams said...

yeah the chair is fab
so many congrats to you and dal and bel for yuor new baby
Fletch says you are the coolest teacher
he was telling his cousin about you \they were bummed when you werent there
lv ya n thansk
xx