Monday, 10 January 2011

Big Girl

LQ turns four in just over three months. And I think I am finally starting to grow up. I've started putting my big girl panties on a few more times a week and it makes me feel good.

There is such a feeling of empowerment that I have been getting that I wanted to share with you. But now as I sit down to write about it, it seems too hard to describe. It mostly feels like I am finally becoming the big girl that I have always dreamed of being. The kind of big girl that just sucks it up and gets things done.

I still hate doing housework, but now it gets done earlier in the day. And if it doesn't get done, I move on and tend not to call myself useless. I have recognised my weaknesses as a mother and am moving on. Sometimes a girl just needs to accept that her personality isn't the kind that will ever get over-excited about spending an entire day playing with children. I have also recognised my strengths as a mother. More often than not I forgo an afternoon nap to do something useful.

All this means nothing really. Just that I have been feeling good about myself lately... and I wanted to share it.

Of course there is always the PMS exception.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

Growing up really is empowering, isn't it? It makes me feel so sorry for high schoolers ...

PJ said...

good on you Helgs

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

yay. It's easy for the rest of us to see how good you are, but it doesn't count until you start to see it yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

go helen. love you. mum