Friday 4 April 2008

I Ironed a Tea Towel Yesterday

I was having a bit of an off day yesterday.... you know one of those days that you've got plenty to do, you just can't bring yourself to do any of it and then as the day goes on you feel worse because you haven't accomplished anything and this feeling just incapacitates you even more. Maybe I'm the only person who gets like this, but that's how it was yesterday.

So at about 5pm, I finally start folding some clothes and doing some ironing. As I was ironing, I continued my train of thought I had earlier in the day.... how is it that I that I'm standing here ironing a tea towel ( a bit extreme, I know) and having yet another one sided conversation with an 11 month old who occasionally responds with a "dada" or "mumum" - which I get wholly excited about?

Now, I'm sure there is nothing perfect about Dallas' life, but I just (sometimes) crave it. There would be nothing I would love more than to have a REALLY busy day talking non-stop to people who are older than - well - than Isabel.

The good news is, I've realised the error of my thinking and feel a lot better about the whole situation. I'm going to take on my mothers advice and get all the mundane things done in the morning and do "my" things in the afternoon. How often this will actually happen is yet to be determined.... but I'm once again enjoying my little bubble that consists of Isabel and me and occasionally Dallas when he comes to visit the bubble.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not the only one that feels like that. I've given myself a loose schedule: Mondays are for laundry, Tuesdays are for cleaning the bathrooms, and Wednesdays are for dusting and vacuuming. Then on Saturday, I just have to straighten the bathrooms and vacuum again. Now if I don't actually do any of these on the days, at least I know what I've not done.

Unknown said...

You are not the only one that feels like that. I've given myself a loose schedule: Mondays are for laundry, Tuesdays are for cleaning the bathrooms, and Wednesdays are for dusting and vacuuming. Then on Saturday, I just have to straighten the bathrooms and vacuum again. Now if I don't actually do any of these on the days, at least I know what I've not done.