Monday 3 August 2009

Back to Oz

We are about to leave for our LOOOOOONG journey back to Australia. We have a six hour stopover in Sydney while we wait for the other flight to Hobart.

Each time we come to visit Dal's family, leaving gets harder. I get closer and more attached to everyone. This makes for a really hard time leaving. I know that if Dal's mom starts to cry, I definitely will - so this is my plan. I am not going to make eye contact with anyone for the next 20 minutes. Once we are out the door I should be fine.

Of course at the same time I am excited to be seeing my family again. Such swinging emotions should NOT be experienced at the same time.

4 comments:

DeNae said...

Have a safe trip! I wish we could have met up!

Amelia Smith said...

I'm so sorry we didn't get to see each other one last time. I swear I'm loosing my mind!!!!

Mattias, Karissa & Enzo said...

I so can relate. The same stands true for us. But I am usually the one leaving my family. Have a safe trip home.
ps
We're moving back to Sweden...crazy!

Unknown said...

Ok, my questions have been answered ... for those of us who are new to your blog, we'd love to hear/read your story (unless you've already written about it and I just can't find it?) ...