Friday 9 May 2008

Don't try this at Home, Kids!

Isabel has been having some sleeping issues recently and I have been wracking my brains trying to think of ways to stop her from waking up during the night. Then, last night, I had an epiphany. When Isabel needed to cut back the number of naps she was taking during the day (from 3 to 2) she was doing the same thing. So last night, I decided to see if she could handle only one nap today. I thought 1pm would be a perfect time for her to take said nap.

As the morning wore on, I really thought she would make it to 1pm. 10.30am came and went and then 11.30am. She was still all smiles, screams and drool at 11.45am, then midday came and she started to get droopy eyelids and there were some genuine yawns as well. Clever me decided she would sleep longer if she had been given lunch before she went to bed. It's good in theory, but trying to get your child to eat when all they want to do is sleep, is somewhat comical.

But my little trooper soldiered on in her battle against sleep and food and managed to find an alternative - why not EAT while you are ASLEEP! BRILLIANT!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I chuckled audibly when I watched this video. Poor girl. How is the sleeping going now? Just FYI Piper's one nap is usually from 12:30-2:00 but we have to start getting ready for sleep around noon.

I hope that you had a fabulous Mother's Day and that Dallas is feeling better.